Monday, December 10, 2007

Rear bumper finished.

Got the box all finished up and ready for paint.








Got the lights marked for cutting. At this point I'm also trying to figure out how to latch everything together. We were going to incorporate a box in the bumper, but ran out of time. Maybe I'll come back and do that later (yeah right).








This is what I came up with for a latch. Trying to keep it really simple yet secure. One bolt holds everything together and also allows the weight to be distributed.






Time to box in the bumper ends. We thought about hinging these as well, but decided not to because of having to deal with all the wires inside of the bumper. Another maybe later project.






Here is a shot of my Dad laying down a coat of primer. He is the real reason my projects turn out so nice.






Here is the finished "latch". Two feet rest on a piece of plastic (chopped up cutting board). Just unscrew the yingyang symbol and both racks swing out. The tire side clears the bumper, but unfortunately the box side scrapes. I'm sure there will be a curved scratch in my bumper soon.






I love the way the ends came out. Looks like we really knew what we were doing.







Finished product. I really love those LED lights.

No comments: