Saturday, December 1, 2007

Maybe a solution to the ABS problem


I recently learned that the abs sensors from the 05 superduty front axle are not compatible with my van. It appears they changed the sensors in 05 to a new kind. My solution is to purchase new ones for a 99-04 superduty 4x4 front axle and replace mine. At the dealer they go for 168 each. I found one on ebay for 50 shipped and talked the dealer down to 125 with next day availability. Not sure how difficult they will be to change, but it doesn't look good. I sure hope this fixes the problem.
UPDATE:
Sure enough. The new sensors work like a charm. Thanks very much to Craig at Salem Kroger for helping me with this one.
I added a picture to show where the ABS sensor is located. That is the sensor with the blue dot in the picture. Remove the wheel, brake assembly, and rotor for access. I was very relieved to have another gremlin behind me.

No comments: